ME 30: Electromechanical Systems and Robotics I #
ME 30 is a new course at Tufts University in the fall of 2020 co-taught by Brandon Stafford and Kristen Wendell.
You’re going to love it.
Learning assistants #
Because of the global pandemic, the course is being taught in an unusual fashion. Instead of all just hanging out in a workshop building electronics for 14 weeks, we have a bunch of different elements that will combine, like Voltron, to make an awesome course.
- a central website for course logistics and notes, plus links to everything else
- a project kit and plan for PCB fabrication and assembly
- collection of pre-existing resources: a textbook plus other stuff on the website
- short, topical videos, incrementally released, specific to our class
- Zoom pod sessions– small groups of 16 people, real-time Q&A with Kristen or Brandon
- a Slack workspace for the course, including channels for each pod
- a Flipgrid group for video documentation of student work
- community enrichment activities, like streaming electronics teardowns on Twitch
- email status updates weekly, crossposted to this page and the Slack workspace
- some form of assessment on Canvas